Dreaming of Moshiach

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mysterious Weeping

Ever since finding Kever Devorah HaNevia, a'h, I would light a candle in the kitchen for her neshama. 2 weeks ago, someone suggested that I light a Ner Tamid (Eternal Light). Taking this advise, I found a 9-day candle that is lit for 9 days consecutively and I stopped lighting daily candles for Devorah HaNevia.

5 days later, about 10 pm, while I was in the computer room and my husband was in the living room, my husband hears a woman's crying voice.

When he heard the crying voice, he thought it was me who is crying. But the crying voice was coming from the other direction, from the kitchen... He goes to the kitchen but sees nothing and the crying stopped. He returns to the living room and just as he is sits down, he again hears the weeping coming from the kitchen area. He gets up again and goes to the kitchen and again sees nothing.

My husband went to a Yeshiva all his life and grew up that תמים תהיה עם ה' אלהיך a person should serve HaShem with innocence, and not search the mystical side for deep meanings. He does not have wild imaginations and does not hallucinate, he hardly believes his own dreams.

Unsure what is going on, he comes to the room where I am and asks me if I'm crying. It was very obvious that I was not crying and asked him, "What's going on?" and he answers, "Nothing".

Not sure what to think because all the windows in the house are closed and the air conditioners are on, he came to the conclusion that the weeping noice is coming from the neighbors. He returns to the living room and sits down, and AGAIN hears the weeping coming from the kitchen area. He calls me to come with him to the kitchen. I go with him to the kitchen and he tells me that he keeps hearing a woman's voice crying and asked me if I hear it also, but I don't hear anything. He tells me that he heard a woman's crying (real crying) 5 times and can't figure out who is crying and the crying voice is so real and maybe a woman is in distress...

Then the crying stopped...

2 nites later, I dream that I'm crying while searching for Devorah HaNevia's kever and in the dream, I yelled URI URI DEVORAH...

When I told my husband about this dream, he asked me if I'm doing something spiritually different and I told him that I don't think so. He asks me why I lit a 9-day candle and I said it's for Devorah HaNevia, a'h. He knew that I light a daily candle for her and asked me why I stopped. I told him that it's easier to light a 9-day candle and since the candle is already lit, there is no reason to light an additional candle every day.

He told me that the actual lighting of the candle gives HKB'H much nachat, this is the reason the Kohanim would light the Menorah in the Bet HaMikdash twice a day, morning and evening. He also said that there is a Mitzva in the act of lighting a candle... Lighting a candle for Tzaddikim give them much joy and happiness and I should continue lighting a candle daily for Devorah HaNevia.

At that moment, we figured out the mysterious weeping voice in the kitchen... It was Devorah HaNevia, a'h.

That minute, I went to the kitchen to light for her a candle...

The following day I told the person that advised me to light the Ner Tamid what happened and he said that he meant to tell me that in addition to the Ner Tamid, I should continue to light a candle daily but somehow, it slipped his mind. He also said that ever since, he had an exceptional hard week but couldn't pinpoint the source of his problems. But now, he understands how HaShem is makpid (strict) with things we don't begin to know and understand...

I told this story to another friend, and he said, "Of course it was Devorah HaNevia crying because you stopped lighting a candle for her daily. How did Devorah merit to become a prophetess and judge? The Talmud says that Devorah HaNevia used to make wicks for use in the Mishkan (Tabernacle) in Shilo. The Yalkut Shimoni further says that she was careful to make the wicks thick so that they would give off greater amounts of light. As a result, HaShem told her, "Devorah, you sought to increase my light; I too will increase your light in Judah and Jerusalem."

Email from Gershon:
Strangely, last night I dreamt I was in a kitchen with a row of candles and wind was blowing on them. They kept getting blown out and the wind then pushed the flame over and it would relight.

I loved your story of the candles and it inspires to light a candle for a Tzaddik...

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו