Dreaming of Moshiach

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Divine Intervention

Guest post by Reb Reuven

My parents recently had to go Europe on business. They arrived at their destination in Europe only to find out that the people they needed to see had gone to the west of the world where my parents just came from!

Do to this communication problem, they had to redirect and make arrangements in a country and city that's not exactly known for having stores for Jewish needs. This created an unexpected problem when my mother realized she was missing Shabbat candles among other items needed for Shabbat.

My father sat in the hotel lobby and called a close friend, a Chabad Rabbi in the States, to ask him if there was a Shliach (emissaries) in the foreign city place they were in. He told my father that there is only one there and gave him the phone number. My father called a few times but could not get an answer.

It was getting closer to Shabbat and my father was getting a bit discouraged. After a while, he started to going back to his room, but something told him to sit back down in the lobby and give it another try.

My father dialed the Shliach's number once more and looked around the lobby while it was ringing. He looked up and standing right next to him was a young gentleman with a long beard, black hat with a woman next to him. It wasn't so hard to tell that these people were Jews!

The Jewish man was on the phone so my father asked the woman, "Hello...do you know of Rabbi ******?" The woman said, "Yes!! That's my husband, the one on the phone right now." My father was a bit caught off guard. The woman got her husband and they all introduced themselves. The Rabbi and his wife invited them for Shabbat. Although my parents declined the invitation, they told them about their problem.

The Rabbi quickly went home and picked up everything that my parents would need for Shabbat. My father still can't believe it.

Out of the dozens of hotels in that city (which happens to be a luxurious tourist place), this Rabbi and his wife just "happened" to be stopping through just when a Jewish couple was in need (not to mention standing right next to them).

Pure uncut Hashgacha Pratit (Divine Intervention).

Blessings and thanks to the Shliach Rabbi, his wife, and all Lubavitcher Rebbe's, zs'kl, shluchim for making G-d's will your will.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו