Dreaming of Moshiach

Monday, October 29, 2007

HaShem Is My Partner...

He seemed like a regular person with an ordinary winery business. But he was a very special man because he was able to heal sick people. Anyone that received a blessing from him, would immediately heal.

One day, the city's Rav decided to meet this 'wonder man' and to see where his powers come from. When the Rav came, the man greeted him warmly and asked him what he did to deserve this honor. The Rav told him that he came to inquire how he received healing powers. The man humbly answered, "I don't have a story to explain this power." The Rav insisted that there must at least one Mitzvah that he observes very carefully since HaShem blessed him with tremendous powers. The Rav asked the man to search his mind and find something unique he did that would explain how he received this power.

The man blushed and answered, "Dear Rav, I'll reveal to you everything. I was a very poor man and my wife and children were very hungry and I couldn't feed them. My wife insisted that I go back to my friend, in another town, and apologize that I refused his offer to be his business partner. She insisted that I now agree to become his business partner."

"My family pressured me so much that I finally agreed. As soon as I got out of my city, I raised my eyes to Heaven and said, "Elokim, You know I don't like to work with partners. Why do You test Your servant? If it has been decreed on me that I must have a partner, You are my partner!"

"That same day, I reached into my pocket to take out a kerchief because I was sweating, and a miracle occurred. Instead of the kerchief, I found a gold coin in my pocket. That minute I promised to HKB'H that from now on, He is my partner. I returned home and began working and every day the profits would increase. Half of the profits I keep for myself and the other half, I distribute it to poor people. I don't let anyone touch my accounts because if an error will occur, it will be as though I'm, c'v, stealing."

"One day, a poor woman came to me carrying her young son. She began crying, "I have been to many doctors and each gave me medicine for my sick son but my son is still very ill."

"Since HaShem is my Partner, I asked Him to heal the boy. That same minute, the boy stood on his own and asked for food, because it's been a few days since he wanted to eat. The mother was so happy that her son healed and told all her neighbors."

"That's how it became known. Each ill person that comes to me, I ask my Partner to heal him. Because I'm loyal to Him, He answers my prayers."

The Rav realized that this is the reason how this simple man receives powers to heal; because of the enormous Emunah (faith) he has for HKB'H.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו