Dreaming of Moshiach

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tzaddikim Powerful Blessings (Update)

According to an interview Shimon Peres gave to the Israeli Orthodox magazine Mishpacha, Peres’s grandfather Rabbi Tzvi Meltzer, zs'l, studied at the Volozhin yeshiva and was himself a grandson of Rabbi Chaim Volozhin, zs'l. In Peres’ own words, he “had a great impact on my life… As a child, I grew up in my grandfather’s home… I was educated by him… my grandfather taught me Talmud. It was not as easy as it sounds. My home was not an observant one. As a child, I received a blessing from the Chofetz Chaim in Radin, he blessed me with a long life."

In 1981, while Peres headed the opposition, the previous Gerrer rebbe, Rabbi Simcha Bunim Alter, zs'l, (father of present Gerrer Rebbe), met with Peres to discuss a pro-abortion bill. He asked Peres to allow Labor MKs to vote their conscience. Peres promised, but he reneged.

"He allowed babies to fall out of their mothers' wombs," said the Alter Gerrer Rebbe. "So he will fall every time he tries to get elected and will never be the head."

This morning, Shimon Peres went to a Brit in Bnei Brak and spoke with Rav Shteinman Shlita, asking him for a bracha to win the Israel Presidential chair. Rav Shteinman asked him if the rumor that he was blessed by the Chofetz Chaim is true and Peres confirmed it.
"What blessing did the Chofetz Chaim give you?", asked Rav Shteinman.
"I was 4 years old, and cannot remember", replied Peres.
When Peres requested again a blessing for the presidential chair, Rav Shteinman replied, "The Chofetz Chaim already blessed you, you don't need another bracha from me."
http://www.keshet-tv.com/VideoPage.aspx?MediaID=17661

When Shimon Peres was interviewed by Yair Lapid, he was asked if he's not afraid to lose again. Peres confidentially replied, "I'm going to win."

Shimon Peres is 84 years old and very active. He has won many awards, positions, and recognitions, but what Peres fails to win are elections. With the presidential elections coming up, he has a 100% of losing, again.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו