Dreaming of Moshiach

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Welcome Home

Many are inquiring about our move to Eretz Israel and want to know what's going on... Time has really flown. We are living here over a month, b'h, and it seems like we never even lived in America, just a faded memory. Yesterday when I went to the Makolet (grocery), I met an American woman who lived in Manhattan. She's living in Israel for over 6 years and told me that if she never saw America again, it would be a blessing... She took the words out of my mind...

Even the kids stopped comparing life of America to Israel. B'h, my computer from America arrived this week and now, the kids can have their own computer (no internet!) and have a better substitution for all their former electric games (nintendo, TV, etc.). The biggest surprise is that they are getting used to Israeli food. (If you have kids, you know that food is a big issue...). HaShem is so kind and thoughtful, He 'arranged' that that some guy will have the urge to open a pizza store 2 minutes from our house. Yesterday, the store had a grand opening and the first time since arriving, the kids had Israeli pizza.

Everyone is telling me to go to Israeli misradim (offices) to start the process of Aliya so finally, last week I finally went to Misrad HaKlita. I brought the children's passports and original birth certicates but it seems that it's not enough. They insisted that I MUST go to to the American consulate in order for them to contact the hospitals the kids were born in, to certify that they were born to me and are my children. They call it - LeAmet - to authenticate. I looked at the lady who requested this very weird request and asked, 'are there so many lies in Israel that people need to authenticate the truth'? She told me she didn't make up the rules and these are the requirements. My youngest was with me and surpringly, understood the conversation and tells me, "What, she thinks that you are not my mother? Is she an Esav?".

My youngest is obsessed with the Esavs. Wherever we go, he wants to know if Esavs are going to be there. He is driving me crazy to go to Yerushalayim so he can start the process of cleaning out the Esavs... He is not kidding, either. On Shushan Purim, he cried for about 90 minutes that I should take him to Yerushalayim... For some reason, he is convinced that most of the Esavs are in Yerushalayim, maybe the effect of the dream gave him this idea. Only HaShem knows which neshama is inside my son (he is only 7 years old) that gives him the physical urge and need to wipe out the Esavs... Also at Kever Devorah HaNevia, a'h, he collected straws to burn the Esavs.

On the bus drive home from the misradim, 2 arab women got on the bus and I whispered to him that they are the women of Esav. At first, he wasn't convinced that Esav has 2 women and besides, his logic told him that all the Esavs are hairy. He inquired why the women of Esav are not hairy and answered him that they shave and cut off the hairs not to be noticeable, and that's the reason they wear so many coverings and only their eyes can be seen... About 5 minutes later, the idea settled in his brain and he was staring at them with hatred, ready to strike at them at a moment's notice. Now, he is determined more than ever to go to Yerushalayim... He feels ready...

My eldest has no concern for the Esavs. He is convinced that we need to live in Bnei Brak and wants to know when we can go there already. He loves it here too but complaints that he needs to be in school at 7:00 am - I agree that 7 am is way too early for a young boy to begin a school day. This is his hardest adjustment - but we'll get used to it, b'h. B'h, it doesn't snow here and it's not so cold in the early mornings... They come home at 1 pm for lunch (school doesn't offer food) and the older one goes back at 2:30 till 5:30 pm.

We all feel very very blessed to be allowed to live in Eretz Israel - Admat Kodesh. May HaShem bless all of you to feel the urge and want to come home... Amen.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו