Dreaming of Moshiach

Friday, October 06, 2006

Moshiach's Arrival is Guaranteed

Email from HJ:
Sometimes I wonder (for a very brief few minutes) if I 'm wrong to think that Moshiach is very to close to coming[+/-] show/hide text

I'm a Modern Orthodox Litvak and Moshiach is rarely spoken about. Maybe its the Sefard blood in me from my mother side that makes me think about (possibly) being in the last generation before Moshiach.

There are only a few people that I can even discuss your Blog and a few others similar theme sites because I would be labeled as crazy. Most people don't get and it is not worth the hassle.
Any suggestions?

In my humble opinion, the Yetzer Hara is working on you and for a few brief minutes, overpowers your mind and directs you to doubt the truth. The good news is that it's only for a few minutes, but the bad news is why let him enter your healthy mind even for a few seconds?

Whether we want Moshiach to come or not, his arrival is guaranteed. From all the signs and declarations of Gedolei Yisroel (authentic Rabbis), dreams, autistics, mekubalim all say his coming is imminent in our generation. When he does come and discovers that we doubted his arrival, even a few minutes, we might suffer because we were lacking complete Emunah.

You say "most people don't get and it is not worth the hassle". Most of us who are so anticipating Moshiach's arrival can relate to this skepticism. Personally, I don't care much for people's opinions if it's against the Torah (even unintentional). Opinions vs. the Torah HaKdosha - seems to be a very easy choice.

Ever since the Lebanon War II, many woke up to realize that these are the footsteps of Moshiach. With this new awareness, new members joined our "circle". But, as you say, in some circles, such as Orthodox Litvak, people are still asleep and discussions of Moshiach and Torah don't mingle.

So, let's wake them up!!! Accompanying my youngest on his first day of a new school, a very litvak yeshiva, I walked inside the classroom and introduced my son. (I was late and all the kids were already in their sits). The principal was also in the classroom. I apologized for being late and made a comment that "Moshiach is also late" and blessed the Rabbi and the Rabbi Principal that "this year, their teachings should be interrrupted by Moshiach's arrival". I looked at them for a reaction, and they each smiled and said, Amen.

It got me thinking, maybe they are in tune to Moshiach's arrival. Let me try it again. The following week I see my other son's rebbe (chassidish) and asked him how is summer was, blah blah blah. And again, I blessed "May your teachings this year be interrrupted by Moshiach's arrival". He replied "Halevai" (wish it will be)!

Is this just a fluke? I don't know so I experimented some more. Said it to the grocery man, the laundryman, at the cleaners, and they smile and say amen.

I'm now taking it a step further and say, "I must do Teshuva. Moshiach is almost arriving and I need to do Teshuva". Each reacts differently to this statment. One smiled, one asked to explain, one asked for proof that Moshiach is almost here, etc.

Try it.... You would be surprised....

Moshiach will come whether you doubt or believe it. “I am certain, with complete certainty, that the Moshiach will come. And even though it takes a long time, even so I anticipate his coming every day.”

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו