Dreaming of Moshiach

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Take Bin Laden: Give Us Pollard

Many people emailed to tell me they enjoyed reading the post about Time is Racing Very Fast Pace and want more information about Oren Zarif. The story is from Country Yossie, and I have Oren's phone number, if anyone wants.

Who can find Bin Laden? Oren Zarif. [+/-] show/hide text
The Israeli psychic has sent a letter to the American Ambassador in Tel Aviv. He maintains that he has psychic abilities that will enable him to locate Bin Laden. Says he is "ready to leave for Afghanistan at once". What does he want from the Americans in return? The release of Jonathan Pollard.

Israeli psychic Oren Zarif has offered to assist the Americans in their search for Osama Bin Laden.

Menachem Dar, the attorney who represents Zarif, recently sent a letter to the American Ambassador in Israel which offers the services of Oren in the search for the Alquaeda leader.

Zarif told YNET this morning: "Prior to the American attack on Afghanistan, I relayed accurate information on the location of Bin Laden to the Americans. [This information was not acted upon.] Indeed, it was verified that Bin Laden escaped from the location I pinpointed, two hours before the Americans blew it up."

"I do not err; I pinpoint exactly. I do not want money. I want to negotiate with the Americans: providing that I locate Bin Laden, as a quid pro quo they must free Jonathan Pollard. I am willing to foot all related expenses, and I am willing to post a one million dollar bond which I will forfeit if I err."

Zarif claims that with his special abilities he can locate people any where in the world. "I am outfitted with maps and ready to go to Afghanistan to find Bin Laden. I am certain - unequivocally certain - that I can do this."

I am willing to foot all related expenses, and I am willing to post a one million dollar bond which I will forfeit if I err."

Jonathan Pollard was sentenced in 1986 to life in a U.S. prison for spying on behalf of Israel.

Oren Zarif practices alternative medicine in Tel Aviv. Among Zarif's patients is an Orthodox man who had an unusual problem. The parrot he bought for his children was cursing like a sailor.

"The parrot would shriek out 'maniac,' 'son of a bitch,' 'homo,'" Zarif said.

"My patient consulted a rabbi, and the rabbi ruled that the parrot should be slaughtered because he sins and causes others to sin."

Not wanting to see the foul fowl hurt, Zarif bought the blue bird from his patient and consulted another rabbi, Meir Mazuz.

"The parrot must be muted with the minimum of suffering," Mazuz ruled. "If that doesn't help, he must be slaughtered."

The cruel rabbi added, "It is very harmful for children to learn swear words -- in a secular household, as well."

Zarif refused to go through with either sentence. "I'm ready to donate the parrot to a safari or any other body that takes care of animals. At most, they can keep him away from children," Zarif says.

The parrot's story grabbed headlines across Israel, causing an outpouring of support. Dozens of people came forward offering the bird shelter. Protesters gathered outside Zarif's home, urging him not to harm the bird.

The Let Animals Live foundation took the bird's case to the courts, where they won an injunction. Judge Tzvi Kaspi has ruled that no harm is to come to the bird. Zarif and the bird will be heading to court soon in hopes of determining the bird's fate once and for all.

UPDATE: The foul-mouthed parrot's life has been spared thanks to an injunction against an Israeli psychic who offered Washington his supernatural help in the hunt for Osama bin Laden.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו