Dreaming of Moshiach

Monday, September 25, 2006

Rabbi Eliyahu Alfasi, zs'l

Rabbi Eliyahu Alfasi, zs'l, was the disciple and gabbai (attendant) most of his years to the holy Tzadik, Baba Sali Zt"l in Netivot[+/-] show/hide text
A few years after the Baba Sali passed away, he wrote a book about the many miracles he witnessed as his personal gabbai. He was tremendoulsy humble and not many people knew about him. He wrote a second book but for reasons only known to HaShem, it was not published. On his way to Uman Friday morning, he passed away in the airport - Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

About a month ago, I was speaking with Reb Nati Shlita of the Mystical Paths and he told me that he met a man in shul in Yerushalayim that showed him the book Ahavat Chaim written by Mekubal Rav Menachem Menashe zs'l. I asked Reb Nati who was the was the man he spoke with, and he said his name was Rav Alfasi. Reb Nati didn't even realize what a zchut he had to "bump" into Rav Alfasi zs'l.

About 2 years ago, while I was collecting funds for the Mikveh in Lisbon, Portugal, my neighbor was very enthuistic and donated. He asked me if I collected donations before and I said never. He said he also never did and wished me success. A week later he told me he's also collecting donations for Rav Alfasi because he needs an emergency operation due to a stroke he just had. 2 days later, he told me he collected the whole needed sum and the $15,000 was on its way to Israel. The operation b'h succeeded and my neighbor merited to add 2 years to Rav Alfasi's life.

It is known that the Baba Sali told Rav Alfasi many secrets and now, these secrets went with him to Shamayim. All descriptions will not justify the modest and humble man he was. He could have been one of the most known mekuablim of our generation but always, he used to hide and many did not know.

יהי זיכרו ברוך. תהא נשמתו צרורה בצרור החיים. May HaRav HaGaon Eliyahu Alfasi, zs'l be an advocator for Am Israel and in his merits, protect the Jews all around the world, AMEN.

Labels:

| 1 comments

1 Comments:

Anonymous Yaakov Ariel said...

Absolutely true! He was such a truly wonderful man. We should all learn from his humility. If you visit his kever you'll find that it too is a very humble setup. But the peaceful warmth that you'll feel there is second to none! B"H!, I'm privileged to visit his kever often.

2/07/2024  

והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו