Dreaming of Moshiach

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Yearning for Moshiach

A resident of Petach Tikvah told us this amazing story about his secular friend whom for years he is trying to teach him about Yiddishkeit but did not succeed to convince him to do Teshuva.

One morning while praying in shul, his secular freind walks in armed with a Kipa and Tzizit. The unbelievable happened, his secular friend finally decided to do Teshuva and committed himself to observe the Torah and its Mitzvot.

The sudden change came so unexpected, I couldn't hold myself back from asking him, what happened that you suddenly saw the truth and decided to observe the holy Torah? I expected to hear anything, except what he told me...

"It was around midnight when I left work. I saw a father and his young son walking on the street next to me and the young boy, about 4 years old, was crying hysterically. His father tried calming him down but did not succeed. I wanted so much to know why the young boy is crying. I approached the father and simply asked him. When he told me the reason, I fainted from the excitement. This is what the father told me. 'My son came home last week from the Cheider (yeshiva pre-school) and his Rebbe told the children that we must hope and wait for Moshiach. We must cry to HKB'H to have mercy on us and send us the Moshiach. Aba, I am crying a whole week already and Moshiach did not yet come. How much longer must I cry? Please tell me, I want to know.'

"The father was comforting his son and said, "My son, no one know when the end will be... we must continue to pray and cry to HKB'H."

"This broke my heart completely," said the Baal Teshuva, "I found myself shaking and I told myself, 'Look at what is bothering a Jewish young boy, look what Jewish young boys are busy with in comparison to our young boys that are always busy with nonsense. How can I continue my life?."

This is the reason I decided to do Teshuva.
http://www.otzarot.com/

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו