Dreaming of Moshiach

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Rav Ovadia Yosef: Regrets Oslo Agreement

The following is a letter that is being publicized for the first time from Maran Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita saying that the Oslo Agreement was a mistake and giving Holy Land away to the enemies is an error since it endangers Jewish lives.

To Our Dear Brothers, Settlers of YeSH"A (Judaea and Samaria),

I'd like to clarify my position in regards to YeSH"A. Not once did I explain in the past the Halacha (biblical law) of Peace for Land.

But this is no longer valid because of the current situation. I sincerely meant it then only for peace and quiet for Yerushalayim and cities surrounding her. But today we know that giving parts of the Holy Land for peace causes endangerment to lives, סכנת נפשות. This is not the peace we dreamed about and this is not what we prayed for.

For this reason, Oslo Accord Agreement is cancelled and void.

"I am peace and I talk war". We have no one to lean on except HKB'H. I bless you with all my heart and soul. HaShem should bless you and protect your comings and goings with long life and peace for eternity.

With much love and want only good for you with heart and soul,
Ovadia Yosef

http://chabad.info/images/update/61.pdf

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו