Dreaming of Moshiach

Monday, June 25, 2007

Gilad Shalit is Begging to be Rescued

Gilad Shalit is alive and being held in a room approximately 15 meters underground near the border city of Rafiah, according to Hamas sources quoted by Channel 2 TV news. The report indicated that Shalit is being held in what was described as a two-room hideout at the bottom of a deep shaft lined with explosives, located near the southern Gaza town of Shaboura. There are reportedly enough supplies in the small space, which is accessible only by ladder, for the jailers to wait out a siege for up to two weeks

In his first sign of life in a year, an audio recording of captured IDF soldier Gilad Shalit has been posted on a Hamas website this morning. On the recording he sends greetings to his family and friends, says that his health is deteriorating, and criticizes the Israeli government for not doing enough to secure his release. it is widely speculated that Shalit was forced to read a pre-written text.

“I am Gilad, son of Noam Shalit. Mother and father, my sister and brother, my friends in the Israel Defense Forces. I greet you from prison and miss you all,” he said.

“I have spent a full year in prison, and my health is still deteriorating, and I need a prolonged hospitalization. I regret the lack of interest on the part of the Israeli government and the Israel Defense Forces in my case and their refusal to meet the demands of the al-Qassam brigades,” he added.

In the tape, Shalit called on the Israeli government to meet Palestinian demands for a large-scale prisoner swap. “Just as I have parents, a mother and father, the thousands of Palestinian prisoners have mothers and fathers to whom their sons must be returned,” he said.

“I have a great hope from my government that it show more interest in me and meet the demands of the mujahideen."

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו