Dreaming of Moshiach

Monday, September 25, 2006

It's Never Too Late...

A few minutes before Rosh Hashana ended on the 2nd day, an old man leaning on 2 walking sticks walked in to the central shul in Moscow - Bet Menachem Chabad Lubavitch. Young men rushed over to him to help him find a seat.[+/-] show/hide text



After the last prayer, Arvit/Maariv, the congregation welcomed him and inquired if he has ever been in the shul before. He said "This morning I was listening to the news and the announcer was reading a letter from Russia President Putin wishing the Jewish nation best wishes for the new year. I got excited and remembered that I am Jewish and felt an urge to go to a shul. In the morning, I set out on foot to a shul and now, I arrived".


He was asked how he found the shul and his answer astonished the congregants "The last time I was here was 81 years ago - when I celebrated my Bar Mitzvah. This shul used to be called Marina Roshze".


Professor Misha Rabinowitz is 94 years old. Till 3 years ago, he worked at one of the most respected universities in Moscow. Reb Baruch Beinish, himself a graduate of that university, was overwhelmed to see his professor from 10 years ago and they emotionally hugged each other.

http://www.shturem.net/index.php?section=news&id=8923

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו