Dreaming of Moshiach

Thursday, September 07, 2006

In The Merit of Children

During the Lebanon War, the Hebrew/English Mishpacha magazine interviewed 4 children. They asked them a few questions and their answers were honest, innocent, and heartbreaking.[+/-] show/hide text

Is there something you gained or learned from all that is happening?
Ofir, 11: I am spending more time with my parents, usually they are always busy... I would prefer though the daily busy calm routine. I miss a normal day. And last thing, I will enjoy sleeping in my bed, when it all calms down.

Racheli, 10: I took upon myself to say Kriat Shema with Kavana

Nachum, 13: All of a sudden, we are thinking about people - Jews that I don't even know that live in the North. I never thought about them before. Now I'm praying that they will have peace.

Is there anything you would like to tell our readers in the North?
Ofir: Also when you are alone in the bomb shelters, know that there are many who are like you and we are all in the same situation. It says "one who prays for his friend, gets answered first". Maybe if we pray for one another,it will help. And those that are not in the North and his mind is more settled and calm, will pray for us and for himself, that his quietness should continue.

Racheli: We need lots of Emunah and nothing else will help, only Tehillim and accept upon oneself a good deed.

Hadasi: Not to be scared, HaShem is with us, we see miracles daily.

Rivky, 8: They should strengthen with prayers and believe that it will end.

Nachum: To all children of the North - I hope you will read this or someone will read this to you over the phone. I want to tell you that you are heros, even if you are scared. Anyone in your place would be frightened and certainly, HaShem will reward you.

They asked the children to draw pictures of what they feel. Bracha, 10 years old, Gd bless her, drew a picture that I want to frame...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The right side of the scale is the Yetzer Hara and on the left side, the Yetzer Hatov.
Bracha wrote on the Yetzer Hatov scale; Charity, respect parents, Mitzvot, Shabbat, Chagim, hafrashas challah (Separating Challah; one separate a portion from dough kneaded for baking ), lighting Shabbat candles, saying prayers after eating bread Birkat HaMazon, saying journey's prayers, saying blessings...

Just as Mordechai Hatzaddik zs'l was successful in preventing the decree in Shushan - in the merit of the Tinokot Shel Beit Rabban (In The Merit of Children), so too this time, the kids will be successful to prevent harsh decrees...

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו