Dreaming of Moshiach

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Letter to HaShem

A letter from Sara to Hashem

BS’D

Master of the Universe, my Father,

If fear, is the opposite of Emunah, so I am lacking the first thing you ask from me. I am afraid YOU are going to leave us dying among the nations, because despite the tremendous efforts we do to survive as Jews, your children, in this world, we would be in your eyes not worth the life YOU gave us.[+/-] show/hide text


Not enough mitsvot...not enough bitahon...not enough simha...not enough ahavat Israel... not enough love for You...not enough love for our land...not enough mesirut Nefesh...NOT ENOUGH!

Still, I feel that nothing exist but YOU. Still, despite my fear I only want YOU. Trying to accelerate my Teshuvah, not knowing what to do more and better, because I feel that's the best I can do... I know it is a shame....

So.... I want to thank YOU for all what you gave me and the few I remember:

THANK YOU HASHEM for:
Giving me life, another chance to rectify my soul,
A heart already open for loving you with fire when the time came,
Giving me a loving mother and father, honest and devoted to their children,
Giving me our saintly Rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneerson, zs'l
Giving me such a gentle husband at the right time in my life,
Giving me the right teachers, and the best teaching that saved my life numerous time,
Giving me a gentle family,
Giving me always good friends
Giving me tests and the strength to over come it,
Giving me the capacity to always feel accountable for my deeds , and never hide from you , Giving me the wisdom to see and understand that everything comes from you,
Giving me the consistency to go through the path of Teshuvah , and never doubt it was the best thing that happened to me,
Giving me such a love for beauty ,
Giving always the refouah , and the ability to see that , all is for the best,
Giving me new chances to accomplish more Mitsvot , and opportunities to erode my heart of stone sometimes , and feel it alive,
Giving me the chance to forget and forgive,
Giving me the capacity to feel the joy of making peace and never feel bitter.
Giving me often the right words to appraise, express compassion, and give strength to my fellows, ask for forgiveness when I do wrong.

HaShem it all comes from you, I always feel that I just have to follow the path, that I am never alone, that if I ask, you always respond, even when the question is wrong, you find a way to show me right.

I love you the best I can with my heart of stone. I know I love you forever and ever.

HAVE MERCY ON US, AND FREE US WITH YOUR COMPASSION AND LOVE!

Sarah includes Klal Yisrael to her Petition to HaShem

What midot we don't have; YOU have....
What words we don't use...YOU use ...
What we don't have in our heart ...YOU have,
What praise we didn't think about.... YOU have,
Your tears added to ours,
Our thanks with your thanks,

Our merits will go to HaShem, carried by an Angel of Mercy directly to Him, HaShem ...
Klal Israel is pleading to YOU ...
please answer favorably, like a father answering HIS children.

THANK YOU HASHEM
Your child and servant

| 2 comments

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am afraid YOU are going to leave us dying among the nations"
......Not enough mitsvot...not enough bitahon...not enough simha...not enough ahavat Israel... not enough love for You...not enough love for our land...not enough mesirut Nefesh...NOT ENOUGH...


LISTENING....IS NOT ENOUGH
AND LISTENING IS LOVE FOR G-D

7/05/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To whomever posted a prior comment on this being the generation for which Moshe himself was humbled...

I think this fact talks more about Moshe's incredible humility, than about how great a job our generatoin may or may not (chaz v'shalom) be doing serving Hashem.

Besides... It is my understnding that what humbled Moshe was to see precisely how the generation of the "heels of Moshiach", whose comprehension of G-dliness is considered nil, and has multiple obstacles and impediments to fulfill Torah and Mitzvot, will perform mitzvot with Mesiras nefesh (self sacrifice).

I hope this is the level of all jews in their fulfillment of mitzvoth. Hashem for sure knows whether this is so.

I am aware of some of my own flaws (which are many), the many deficiencies of my service, my struggles... and this only covers those things which are revealed to me, about my own service.

I can't, in all honesty, think of myself in ANY position to be able the cause of Moshe Rabbenu's humbling because of my service, ANY MORE that I could imagine myself feeling "SMARTER" than anybody else just because Einstein was a jew and we have a large proportion of Nobel Laureates when compared to non-jewish populations.

What I mean to say is "The Tzaddik is the foundation of the world" (Mishlei 10:25). Certainly, there are people today that may have caused Moshe Rabbeinu to be humbled (Gush Katif, Amona, etc.. come to mind).

As for me... I know I still need to improve in my service.

Right now, I don't impressed even myself.

Ariel.

7/06/2006  

והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו