Dreaming of Moshiach

Monday, October 09, 2006

What is Acharit Hayamim?

Speaking about Moshiach, it is very [+/-] show/hide text
natural for me and it was no different this Chag, where I met many people from all different backgrounds. It's very easy to turn almost any conversation about End of Days and Moshiach, if one wants to.

The first night of the Chag, I was talking to a middle age woman who seems religious and wears the "right" clothing. The conversation started very dull (for me) about nothing. So either I choose to walk away or throw in the conversation some spices... I chose the latter. Turns out, she didn't even know what Acharit Hayamim (end of days) means. She thought it means people who passed away or yesterday. So patiently I explain the idea. Meanwhile, what started as a dull conversation between 2 people, became a heated topic for 20...

A lot of "religious" Jews are very out of touch with reality. They are concerned with Oct. 06 materialistic life much more than Acharit Hayamim. I'm not one to pass this perfect opportunity to share some Moshiach knowledge so I find myself surrounded by men and women alike, all wanting to hear (and argue) about new concepts and connecting world events to Moshiach.

Then one woman says "it's not possible Moshiach will come - the world is so filthy, we are so dirty; how can a pure Kadosh (holy) Moshiach appear in the midst of all this "dirt"?. I couldn't argue because she was perfectly correct.

Later that evening, I kissed her and and said that she's unfortunately correct and thanked her to help me wake up to do Teshuva. Today, before leaving to go back home, she came over to me and hugged me. She confided that she's petrified that Moshiach will arrive because she is not spiritually ready. She added that the whole Chag she was thinking about End of Days and Moshiach and although all the signs are in neon colors, she never saw it before.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו