Dreaming of Moshiach

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Valuable Lesson

By Gershon:

Last Tuesday, I dreamt I was driving on the highway and witnessed a guy on a motorcycle who was waving at me. I recognized him, but couldn't place where. As I watched him ride alongside my car, a car sideswiped him [+/-] show/hide text
and he fell from the bike. The car ran him over and his head had major trauma. There was blood spilled over the highway, coming from the back of his head. It was horrific. I pulled over and dialed 911 but I didn't get a hold of the police.

When I woke up, I took it as a sign to be extra careful driving to work. I got to work without a hitch. So I naturally forgot about the dream and passed it off as nothing.

3 days later, Friday, my wife said to me while reading a friend's email, "Oh my G-d, you remember so and so, right?" I affirmed, I reminded her the last time we saw him, was a few months ago. She then told said, "He got into a motorcycle accident sometime this week. He broke his neck, had facial reconstruction surgery and has major hemmorhaging in his brain and might have brain damage and possibly memory loss." I stood there in shock. She asked what was wrong, and I told her about the dream. She freaked out hearing it.

I kept thinking about this dream. I kept questioning why G-d would give me a dream about this guy who I hardly know and that I was able to see what would soon happen to him. I then realized I made a horrible mistake.

One of Noah's fatal mistakes in his 120 years of building the Ark was his selfishness. He knew he would be ok in the ark and so he didn't work so hard at trying to help the world to realize their sins and to bring them to repent. And then I thought of this poor kid who got into the motorcycle accident. The last time we saw him, he was riding his motorcylce on Shabbos. We just waved as he passed us by. Although I had no time to rebuke him, I could have at least prayed he would do Tshuvah. I had a chance to say some prayers for him, but I didn't. I had a chance to say some prayers to annul any bad of the dream I had, but I didn't. Since I was only worried about the dream for myself, once my drive didn't cause accidents, I felt no need to worry.

Now at least I am praying for his Refuah Shelaimah. Please do the same.
Dovid Ben Chava

How much more so do we have to pray that the evil from the dreams of the End of Days is annuled and replaced with Rachmana?!

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו