Dreaming of Moshiach

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Be Humble

When the Torah was given to Am Israel, the mountains fought one another because they all wanted that the Torah will be given on their mountain. Mount Hatabor said I'm the highest, Mount Carmel said I'm the greenest, etc. Only Mount Sinai kept quite and thought to herself "who am I that the Torah should be given on me?". HKB'H heard the bickering and said to the mountains "MY Torah will be given on Mount Sinai" becuz this mountain is the most humble.[+/-] show/hide text

On my first day of school, the first thing I was was a big sign מה ה' דורש ממך כי אם עשׂות משׁפט ואהבת חסד והצנע לכת עם אלוהיך" (מיכה, ו', ח What does HaShem request from you, to do justice, love Chesed and be humble".

This is how we grew up; to be humble and modest is the best traits and to be proud is the worst trait. Between humble and proud, there is no gold road - we always knew and understood to be humble is the correct choice.

When I grew up, I fell in love with S. I never knew that there is such a community and didn't recognize the word "Pride". With S., I transfered to the School of Pride. When she took me for the very first time to a Pride Parade, I felt I was double sinning. First sin, to be proud and second, proud of our sins.

When we walked together in Jerusalem, my heart was happy and full of pride, walking next to my lover, the most beautiful girl. Even when we walked in religious territories, no one knew.

My friend B.'s parents pray in the same shul as my parents. B. was watching on the news the Gay Parade and recognized S. I now felt embarrased to walk with S. Everyone knew SHE was gay. To walk with her in the streets is to hang a sign on me "I'm Lesbian". I loved her so much, I came out of the closet, with a sign hanging on me "I'm Lesbian".

I learned to live with this sign. But, despite having this sign on me, I could not understand the term "Gay". Sins in private is one thing, but to be display it in a parade? What is there to be PROUD of? I thought a lot about this and realized, it is the PROUD that is delaying Moshiach's arrival.

Ben Goldin (autistic) said that if the "shame" gay parade will occur and Bnei Israel will not fight the impurity and stop them physically, OY VEY how much anger this will cause HaShem and the Judgment will be very very harsh,and many will die Kiddush HaShem.

Desecration of Jerusalem planned for November 10 - May Hashem help us.

Labels:

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו