Dreaming of Moshiach

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Forgive Me

Chodesh Elul is a time of evaluating ourselves. It's a time to forgive our loved ones and forgive those we don't love so much; it is a time to ask for forgiveness; it is a time of mercy and Slichot.
Who will forgive, who will have mercy? It's hard for the person to forgive and it's difficult to ask for forgiveness[+/-] show/hide text

We ask HaShem to help us not to embarrase and shame others. It's better to be embarrased and shamed and how great is it to hear the embarrasement and not respond. להיות מן הנעלבים ואינם עולבים שומעים חרפתם ואינם משיבים.

As a blogger, I receive and hear many remarks, some are very touching and beautiful and some are not . I ask myself, can I really forgive those that hurt me? Can I be so indifferent? Is it possible to train my mind to forgive, and thereby, erase the shame and hurt? It's not an easy task. The fact that I'm dealing with this shows that it's not simple to forgive those that hurt us.

On the other side, to think about it and keep inside the mind is very unhealthy and poisoneous and can do worse damage, c'v. Why is it easier for me to forgive my children? He can say the most awful thing and 2 minutes later, it gets easily erased from the mind. Is it because he's a child and not yet responsible to be sensitive? Or is it because I can easily justify it that he really doesn't mean it and he'll ask for forgiveness, etc.

We ask our Merciful Father to forgive us for our sins רחם עלינו כרחם אב על בנים. סלח....מחול Mercy us like a Father on his children. Forgive.. pardon... The only perfect thing is HKB'H, Master of Forgiveness אדון הסליחות.

HaShem, please help us to forgive and to love all Jews. To completely forgive the soldiers and police who expelled us from our homes in the Gush; to forgive the Jews who cracked our skulls in Amonah; forgive the Gov't of Israel for sending our brothers to their death in Lebanon; forgive those that hurt, shamed and embarrased us intentionally or unintentionally.

I completely forgive anyone and everyone, as it is said in Kriat Shema, prayer before going to sleep; I forgive and pardon whomever angered and belittled or sinned against me; bodily, monetary, my honor and with anything I own. Whether it was intentional or unintentional, in speech or action, in this gilgul or another - every Jew from Am Israel and no one should be harmed because of me.

Teach me how to ask for forgiveness from all my precious brothers and sisters I hurt, embarrased, ashamed, disappointed them - intentionally or unintentionally.

Mechila ve Slicha my friends. I sincerely hope that you will find it in your heart and minds to forgive me. Whether I hurt you intentionally or not, please accept my apologies.

Thank You HaShem...

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו