Dreaming of Moshiach

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Baal Shem Tov, zs'l, Dream

Last year Succot, we went upstate NY to a hotel and stayed in a cabin in the woods. During Chol Hamoed Succot, I had a dream [+/-] show/hide text
that I'm in a big forest and there's snow all around me but I'm not feeling cold, even though I am without a coat. I see the Baal Shem Tov, zs'l, davening and he was facing a tree and around him were many chassidim, also davening. Suddendly, while watching them daven, we "jumped" to another part of the forest and again the Baal Shem Tov was davening facing a tree, with his chassidim.

I was observing the Baal Shem tov while snow is all over the forest and continues falling. The Baal Shem Tov has a heavy coat on him with a wide belt. On his head, he had a flat round hat.

Suddenly, the Baal Shem Tov turns around but I cannot see his face. He says to me that there is a family that has no food for the Yom Tov. In the dream, even though the Baal Shem Tov is speaking to me, I felt very akward being the only female and was sure that the Chassidim will chase me away. I am very surprised that they are not interrupting the Baal Shem Tov and they have tremendous Kavod (respect) for him.

I ask the Baal Shem Tov which family is he referring to and he replied, "think, and you will know. When you wake up you'll find $500 in your pocket and this is the money you should give the family to buy food for the Yom Tov". I didn't mean to argue with the Baal Shem Tov but I wanted to be certain which family he meant. I asked him to give me a remez (clue) so there will be no mistake becuz I don't really know poor families that don't have food. He told me that they live on my street. I thought for a moment and asked him if he means the S. family? At that moment I woke up.

At the same moment my husband, who woke up before me and had already prayed Shacharit, tells me that it's snowing outside. I didn't even say Moda Ani and answered "of course it's snowing, but it's not cold". All the curtains were closed and he was surprised that I knew it was snowing and wanted to know how I knew. But I didn't have an answer how I knew - I didn't remember the dream till I stepped outside the cabin and saw the snow.

I told him the dream and we left the hotel within 2 hours. We both felt the urge to make sure that the S. family has food for the Chag of Succot. On the drive back, we searched in our pockets for $500 but did not find it. When we got home, I unpacked and found $500 US Dollars in a pocket of a different jacket.

In the first years of our marriage, my husband did not believe in dreams in general (his attitude was chalomot shavu yedaberu - dreams are nonsense). He was always skeptical when I told him my dreams. But after the dream about Lisbon, Portugal, he could no longer say that the dreams are nonsense.

Finding $500 in the pocket of the jacket made him "crazy". Although I never lie to him, he could not believe me. He asked the kids if they "planted" the money (the kids were under 10 years old) or if it belongs to them. Although he didn't accuse me directly, he must have asked me 500 different ways if I put the money there. We were together since the dream in the hotel but he called the bank to "make sure" there were no withdrawls in the past few days. He checked his pockets to see if money was missing...

I didn't even appreciate the miracle that occured because I was busy defending the truth. Finally, my husband "gave in" and went to the shul to find the father of the S. family to hand him the money. When he found him, the father said that his wife is "in charge" and told him that his wife is home.

When my husband got to the S. family home, he asked the wife if they have food and she opened the refrigerator for him and in it he saw a (recycled) bottle of water and a bottle of milk - THAT'S IT!! He took the wife and her 2 daughters in his car to a big kosher supermarket and told them each to take a wagon and start shopping. My husband did not tell them how much money he is "willing" to pay for the cost of the food. About 30 minutes later, they came to the register with a full wagon, each. The bill came out $503.

(Last year, I posted this dream on the LeDavid forum)

May the zchut, chassidut, tzadikut, and chesed of the Baal Shem Tov, zs'l, protect Am Israel, Amen!

Labels: ,

| 0 comments

0 Comments:


והיה השם למלך על כל הארץ, ביום ההוא יהיה השם אחד - ושמו אחד ישתבח שמו לעד לנצח נצחים בכל העולמות Blessed is His name for eternity in all worlds אין עוד מלבדו